Saturday, April 30, 2011

Homemade Sandwiches

Lately I have been craving ... I mean CRAVING sandwiches. I don't know if its the warmer weather, getting me all pepped up for pool days and lake shore sun bathing, but I have been wanting a sandwich so badly. Now, its sometimes difficult to find myself a sandwich at a deli shop or restaurant because I'm a vegetarian, so they usually only have one sandwich choice and it's not always their top choice of recommended meal items. (FYI: random fact, I do eat chicken occasionally, which just started about 2 years ago, but I'm a bit picky on that too...anyways)

So I've been making my own sandwiches and, my goodness! They are soooo delicious! I honestly don't think you can get this sort of sandwich any where you go. Granted, there are a few places that do have unbelievably good sandwiches, but those are *restaurant* sandwiches, they have a different taste and you have to be craving that, or you wont truly be satisfied.

Most recently I've been toasting a french roll in the oven on broil with a little butter and garlic. Then drizzling it with Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing, topped with sliced tomatoes, romaine lettuce and provolone cheese...oh and a dash of salt and pepper....

But here is a pic of one of most favored *make at home* sandwiches, which is toasted dill rye bread, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, romaine lettuce, provolone cheese, roasted red pepper Italian dressing, pepperoncini's along with salt and pepper oh yes, and a little cumin.......................SOOOO DELISH!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment