Tuesday, July 31, 2012

3rd Annual Tea Party

Photobucket
This year we celebrated my daughter's 3rd Annual (1/2 Birthday) Tea Party and I must admit that I am getting more and more excited each year to celebrate it with her. Even before I had my beautiful baby girl I knew that I wanted to plan an annual tea party for her since her birthday falls so close to Christmas (Dec. 23rd to be exact), so when the doctor said, "It's a Girl" the party planning began!
Photobucket


This year we celebrated at our home and the theme was Windmills & Butterflies. For an activity, we all decorated wooden butterflies with paint pens and they are now framed and hung in Aliyahs room. 
Photobucket
Photobucket


TIME FOR TEA

 Photobucket
  
Our tea party menu included:

Egg Salad Sandwiches on Croissants
Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad
Grapes
Raspberry Oreo Truffles
Lemon Mini's

and for dessert: Strawberry Shortcake

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

For decorations I made several paper windmills out of girly spring paper I found in a booklet at Hobby Lobby. For my windmill tutorial please click HERE.



Photobucket

I'm also BIG TIME into wreaths right now, so I featured two for Aliyah's Party. One I simply used a wire wreath that you can get at any local craft store and then stuffed napkins into it creating a beautiful full and colorful decoration for our tea area. And the other I used a wooden wreath that I added the invitation for her party and a windmill. Came out so cute! (In fact I still have the napkin wreath hanging in the kids play room)


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

As always, we had such a wonderful time, celebrating with 4 generations over good food, yummy dessert and of course delicious tea!

Can't wait for next year's festivities.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment