Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hey Duff - Nice to meet you.

Duff Goldman, you know, Ace of Cakes star. Renowned Chef. Ridiculously Awesome Cake Creator & Baker. Die Hard {Jersey Wearing} Baltimore Raven's Fan. Ya - That Guy.

Ya, I met him!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had the true privilege of being able to spend the afternoon with Duff Goldman at his newest location called, Duff's Cake Mix in West Hollywood, California through an interview opportunity with Sugar Loco. (The completely amazing company I write for!)

Being at Duff's Cake Mix was such a fun experience and joy to see all of the families there having a unique fun-filled afternoon decorating a cake of their very own!

Let me give you a little insight though as to how the beginning of my morning went, prior to arriving in Los Angeles.

My flight was scheduled to depart from Phoenix at 7:45 am and to arrive in Burbank, CA at 9:00 am. My completely amazing hubby drops me and my son, Hank off at the airport at 6:40 and away we go through security and on to our gate. We board the plane on time, as usual, and then the fun begins.

We sit on our plane for  about 20 mins when the flight attendant takes a moment to inform us that they are having computer issues. Hank was doing extremely well, but was definitely getting a little antsy, which is all anticipated by a 14 month old. I was only a wee bit freaked out since I really only alotted so many yummy treats for my boy and if you have toddlers you know their attention span only last a wee little bit.

About 15 more minutes pass, when I then see the actual pilot get up in the aisle and announce that we will be "de-boarding" the plane and will need to wait in the ticketing area until further things get resolved, (which yes, I'm happy we exited because I'd rather be safe than sorry - BUT HELLO!! I have a one year old and a meeting in LA AT 11:00 AM!!!) So we exit the plane, but I inform the flight attendant that I need my stroller because I have a carseat, diaper bag, crazy-wiggle worm amazing kid, camera and purse to carry, which I'll be unable to do all on my own. After exiting the plane and chasing Hank around the waiting area, the ticket counter informs us that our new departure time is 9:00 am (meaning we land at 10:30 ish....eek)

Time passes and kids get antsy, but after switching planes and switching gates we finally were off and arrived in Burbank at 11:15 (meeting was at 11 - AHH)

Now, if you've never been to Los Angeles, or any large city for that matter, you may not truly understand the impact TRAFFIC has on a schedule. My meeting was literally only about 10 miles from the airport but traveling through Hollywood, during the summer, now during a lunch hour, took roughly 45 minutes, Eek!

My mother-in-law was amazing and we did our best to arrive quickly {and in one piece} while she officially got her *first* tour of downtown life! Seeing the stars, the crazy people in costumes and some offly informative billboards, we officially arrived at Duff's Cake Mix just before Noon.

Quite the morning right? 

My experience with Duff was nothing short of memorable and I am so extremely grateful for the opportunity. Below I've included some pics from our day, but to read more about my day at Duff's Cake Mix, please head on over to Sugar Loco to check out the review: HERE





Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment