Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pretty Pink Pies by Karen

Photobucket

Guess what I cooked up last night? They are called "Pretty Pink Pies" and I found the recipe in this silly little cookbook I ordered out of one of the twins' fundraiser catalogs. It's called Silly Snacks- Family Fun in the Kitchen and it has all these awesome snack & desserts that you can make with (or for) your kids.



Photobucket

 Anyway, we were going over to our friend's house for a bbq the other night and I had said I'd bring dessert, but when the time came I REALLY didn't want to turn on the oven to make cookies or cupcakes; it was just too hot. So I started flipping thru this little cookbook because I remembered it had lots of easy, non-baking things in it and came across these little pies. They just looked so yummy and refreshing..& they were! Here's the recipe -- I know you'll want to try them!


Photobucket


Pretty Pink Pies
Makes 6 servings

1 small ripe banana, sliced
1 package mini graham cracker crusts (6 crusts)
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup/ice cream topping
2 containers (6oz each) strawberry yogurt
6 mini marshmallows
6 fresh strawberries cut into wedges

1.       Place banana slices in each pie crust. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup. Spoon yogurt over top.
2.       Place 1 marshmallow in the center of each pie. Arrange strawberry pieces around marshmallow to resemble flower. Serve immediately or cover & refrigerate up to 4 hours.
Photobucket 






Photobucket
I did not measure out the chocolate syrup, I just eyeballed it and put what appeared to be a decent amount on top of the bananas. I also didn't "wedge" my strawberries, just quartered them, so its not as pretty but it worked. Oh, since I was making more than 6, I just bought a large container of strawberry yogurt, it's less expensive that way & yogurt never goes to waste in my house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment