Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hey Jaclyn: Vicki's Baked Potato Bites





Guess what I cooked up tonight?? I haven't decided exactly what to call them yet but I'm thinking something along the lines of "Vicki's Baked Potato Bites" or "Vicki's Favorite Popped Potatoes".... Vicki {Karen's daughter - in case you guys didn't know} loved them & she said that they tasted like a baked potato that had popped open (she loves baked potatoes). Anyways... they were so simple but so yummy! I had some red potatoes that I'd purchased last week & not used for some reason so tonight I chopped them up into bite sized pieces (with the peels on), tossed them in some vegetable oil & then seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic, a little bit of paprika & a little bit of Montreal steak seasoning. I sprayed a cookie sheet with a little bit of cooking spray (just to be safe, cause we all know there's nothing worse than stuck-on potatoes!!!) & baked them @ 375 for about a half an hour or so, until they were fork tender. When I took them out of the oven, I sprinkled just enough shredded cheese to make any kid happy. Yum-o!

Photobucket




They were so yummy! Perfect side for our grilled hot dogs tonight. The whole family loved them! Give them a try, I'm sure the family will love them.... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment