Monday, May 9, 2011

Homemade Deliciousness!

Do you ever get into those moods, where you crave that hearty, home cookin! You know, the meal that makes you want to cuddle up near a fire, put on your comfy clothes and over-indulge in its buttery richness? I love these kinds of moods! Mmmmm.....especially when I find the perfect recipe to satisfy that craving!

This meal is one of those and let me tell ya, it'll satisfy any craving for a meal that is sure to trigger a heart attack!


Photobucket

Chicken & Stuffing Casserole
Cookbook: Country Elegance - Treasures from Ann's Kitchen

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 slices of Swiss Cheese (although I think I used 6)
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used cream of celery)
1 large pkg. Stove Top stuffing mix (I used the Savory Herb flavor)
1/2 cup butter
1 can chicken broth

Cut up chicken breasts into cubes and place in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover the chicken with sliced Swiss cheese. Spread cream of chicken soup slightly watered down with chicken broth over the cheese and chicken. In large saucepan, boil butter with remaining chicken broth. Add stuffing mix and combine. Cover and turn off heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and sprinkle stuffing mix over the chicken mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is done.


Potatoes:

I made some mashed potatoes, by boiling the skinned russet potatoes until soft. Then I played around and made my own gravy out of some butter, flour and milk...then added in my favorite seasonings: garlic, oregano, seasoning salt, etc.


Yummy Delicious Carrots:

I used the little baby carrots and boiled them in water until soft. Then I mixed together some salt, butter and brown sugar creating a sweet candied sauce and drizzled that over my steaming carrots. SO YUMMY.

No comments:

Post a Comment