Monday, May 23, 2011

Homemade French Fries & Patty Melts

Photobucket

I absolutely LOVE homemade french fries. I mean...how couldn't you? Seasoned to perfection-crispy delicious wedges dipped in your favorite sauce....come on? So wonderful. Oh and you don't get all the greasiness that weighs you down after a large order of fries at a restaurant.

OK -- I have to admit. When I made these the last time my count of *Almost Burning The House Down* went from 3 times to 4 times! Here's the deal -- we have a REALLY OLD oven that came with the house and it probably hasn't been cleaned in ages. Add that to a 500 degree oven temperature and olive oil dripping down....umm, ya.....a few flames and screaming for my hubby became absolutely necessary! BUT ---- BUT --- not to worry, through the smoke and flames our homemade fries still came out absolutely amazing!

Then I prepared a yummy patty melt for my hubby and a veggie patty melt for myself (which my husband cringed about--and said I was really missing out!) hah.

Both these recipes can be found in my cookbook: Our First Year

No comments:

Post a Comment