Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hey Jaclyn: Chocolate Banana Pudding {By Karen}


Photobucket





Guess what I made up tonight? It's a chocolate banana pudding! Umm...can you say indulgent? It is loosely based on Paula Deen's recipe for "not yo' mama's banana pudding"

Photobucket

 I say  loosely based because I used store brand vanilla wafers, chocolate pudding & I ended up not having enough whipped cream, hah! My girlfriend brought over dessert last week and it was her version of Paula Deen's banana pudding...with coconut & pineapple for a tropical flavor. Coconut & pineapple are not really my favorite things so I went back to the original recipe & put my own spin on it. It is deeeee-licious lady!

Photobucket

So the link for the original banana recipe is above. Here are my changes...

-Vanilla wafer cookies to line the bottom of the dish
-Chocolate pudding mix (15 oz package)
-8 oz container of Cool Whip (instead of the 12 it calls for)
-Chocolate syrup drizzled over the top

ENJOY!

 All About Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment