Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hey Jaclyn: Skillet Stew {By Karen}

Photobucket

 Guess what I cooked up tonight? It's a special "Karen Creation" & I call it Skillet Stew! It is the hubs FAVORITE meal. I can't remember exactly how I came up with it, but I've been making it since shortly after we got married. I know it started with a recipe for some kind of stew & I didn't have everything it needed so I improvised. Improvised meals are sometimes the BEST, don't you think?



Photobucket

The cool thing about this recipe is that it only takes 45 minutes or so & the most effort you put into it is to chop up some potatoes! It is such a hearty, relatively healthy & easy meal, but it will make the biggest meat lover HAPPY!

So here it is...


Photobucket

Karen's Skillet Stew

1lb ground beef
2 potatoes, peeled & cut into chunks
1 1/4 cups Beef Broth
Frozen mixed veggies, no exact quantity, whatever your family likes and will eat
1 can creamed corn

Brown the ground beef, season with salt & pepper, garlic & cumin. Add potatoes & beef broth to skillet. Simmer 20-30 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Add frozen veggies and creamed corn. Heat on med-high until completely hot (to cook the veggies, since they're frozen & all, hah!)

That's it! My hubby loves this stew with corn bread or a nice French bread slice - so easy & delicious. Hearty, warm & cozy.

Have fun with it & I hope your reader's enjoy it too!

Enjoy

All About Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment