Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How To Tuesday: Make delicious Snicker Fudge

8 pounds.

8 pounds of flour?


8 pounds of sugar?

Nope! 8 pounds! 8 pounds of baby weight - GONE - See ya! Can you believe it? I am so happy with my new choices and ways of eating. Not only is it so yummy and delicious, but it gives me the energy I need to run around with the kiddos and be the best wife I can to my hubby. And the best part about it is....wait for it...I still get a "cheat day" once a week. Which is completely awesome for all of you, seeing as how I'm sure you've been dying for a dessert recipe. Well, have I got one for you. But before I start, I've just got to continue tooting my own horn and say that when I made this recipe over the weekend I didn't even sample it, didn't lick the spoon, didn't sneak a chocolate chip, nothing. I was a good little dieter and waited until Sunday to sample and oh my word was it delicious! I did though have my husband, brother and neighbor (all seasoned snicker lovers) be my taste testers on Saturday and they all approved! Yeah boys!

Here we go with my new recipe:

Open Faced Snicker Fudge

Photobucket

Ingredients:
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips (12 oz)
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
2/3 cups creamy peanut butter (separated)
6 Tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 Jar Marshmallow Cream (7 oz)
1 cup salted peanuts (chopped)
1 bag caramel candies (14 oz)

Prepare a 9x13 inch dish by lining the bottom with aluminum foil. Next spray the aluminum foil with cooking spray and set aside.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt together chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and 1/3 cup peanut butter. Place in microwave for 1 minute, then stir. Continue to microwave for 45 seconds at a time, stirring after each until completely melted. Next, pour into the bottom of your prepared pan and spread smooth. Place in your refrigerator to cool and set.

While chocolate layer is cooling, heat butter in a sauce pan. Once melted add sugar, brown sugar and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil stirring consistently. Allow to boil for 5 minutes as you continue to stir. After 5 minutes are up, remove from heat and add marshmallow fluff, remaining 1/3 cup peanut butter and chopped peanuts.

Remove chocolate from refrigerator and pour marshmallow layer on top. You need to do this quickly so you don't heat the chocolate layer too much, causing it to melt. What I found to be helpful is if I lightly dampen my spatula with water, it helped smooth out the marshmallow layer on top of the chocolate. Once smooth, return to refrigerator.

Next, unwrap each caramel and place in microwave safe bowl. Add one tablespoon of water and then microwave like you did the chocolate. (1 minute, followed by 45 second zaps stirring after each). Once completely melted, remove fudge from fridge, pour caramel over top and return back to the fridge.

Photobucket

Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. After completely cooled, remove pan from refrigerator. Using the foil to lift the fudge, place it on a hard surface. Using a large knife, cut fudge into small pieces to enjoy. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. This looks seriously delicious!! Pinned it in my candy Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT IS BRANDIE!!!!! I'm anxiously planning to make it for the 4th of July .. Mmm Mmm Mmm

    ReplyDelete