Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chaparral Homemade Ice Cream

You'd be silly if you thought I wasn't going to start off my FOOD BLOG without posting about my parents first! My parents, Tony and Pam Rovida, purchased Chaparral Homemade Ice Cream in the summer of 2009. Chaparral has been serving up homemade ice cream for over 30 years and my parents now have the honor of continuing on the tradition. My dad enjoys being able to come up with new flavors while mom perfects her baked goodies, as well as homemade caramel, hot fudge and chocolate sauces. They also have a wonderful gift area featuring yours truly with my first cookbook, Our First Year - Cost Effective Recipes from the Home of Newlyweds. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I actually just did a cooking demo for Good Morning Arizona which can be viewed at: http://www.azfamily.com/good-morning-arizona/Our-First-Year-Cost-Effective-Recipes-From-the-Home-of-Newlyweds-96492464.html

Alright alright....back to Chaparral. My parents also introduced a full lunch and dinner menu featuring the Jail Tree Cheese Steak Sandwich, Brawty Sandwich with caramelized boysenberry onions, fresh salads and personal pizzas. I always create some sort of specialty that leaves my dad confused. I've included a few photo's below from treats I've had at their parlor. (One is from when I was pregnant with my daughter).


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment