Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sweet Cakes



 Are you drooling yet??  ..... seriously....don't lick your screen.

These melt in your mouth, make you think of mom's cooking cinnamon rolls come from Sweet Cakes in downtown Mesa. Sweet Cakes was recently featured in TLC's "Best Food Ever" episode and their cinnamon rolls were definitely the best I've had from a bakery.

This past weekend I made the mistake of assuming that they opened early to serve up their cinnamon rolls, but we soon found out that they didn't open until 11:00 am on Saturday (not 9 when we arrived). But we hung out on their patio, walked the shops and waited for them to open --- THAT'S HOW GOOD IT IS!  My aunt from California had seen the episode that featured Sweet Cakes and asked me to stop by a few months ago while she was in town. I've been craving it ever since, so with Father's Day being last weekend I treated my hubby to one of these yummy goodnesses. (yep..just made that word up). They also serve up other baked goodies like Lemon Bars, Black & Whites, and several large cookies including: chocolate chip, gingersnaps, snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, oatmeal raisin and other made from scratch goodies. While we were there on Saturday a few customers were ordering lunch and the bread for their sandwiches looked absolutely delish...I wonder if they make their own bread too?? They have a large dining area perfect for luncheons for bridal and baby showers. Oh and another addition that recently opened is that they serve Frozen Yogurt in one portion of their restaurant. I can't wait to go back. I'm craving some cinnamon rolls already!! And I just had them....MMMmmmmmm...I'm a sucker for cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment