Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pita Jungle


Remember my post about Juanita's? And how I had said that when we moved from California to Arizona I was truly bummed that I could not longer eat at Juanita's whenever I pleased? Well that is exactly the way I feel about Pita Jungle. If we were to move away from Arizona I would crave their jalapeno hummus, 5 cheese quesadilla's, spinach pasta salad and yummy pita pizzas. This restaurant has seriously been one the BEST finds yet here in the Valley. I love how fresh their food is and how each location has its own vibe. Their staff walks around in their dreds, sporting their tattoo's and all have such a laid back, relaxed attitude. I love it! This place is always busy filled with everyone from college-aged, yoga moms, business men and women, senior citizens, and those like me who just found this wonderful spot and fell in love. As many of you know my parents own Chaparral Homemade Ice Cream in Wickenburg so when my mom meets me half way to catch up and for her to see her beautiful grand-daughter this is where you'll find us. Relaxing and gabbing at our fav spot Pita Jungle at the Arrowhead Town Center. This past trip we actually ate at the location in Mesa because my poor hubby had to be in the hospital over the weekend.

The two of us enjoyed their Spinach Pasta Salad which consists of fresh spinach, rotini pasta, tomatoes, mushrooms, pesto, and bell peppers, tossed in a lemon vinaigrette....can you say yum? We also split their specialty pizza which really I can't remember all of the ingredients but it was a Chipotle Chicken Pita Pizza with fresh mozzarella and green onions....and hmmm...I don't remember.....all I remember was my tongue sizzling and my belly jumping with sweet delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment