Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Out to lunch comes home...

If you are one of my personal friends or follow me on facebook, you'll know my love for Pita Jungle. My fav lunch spot quickly became the must stop spot for all my out of town friends, our go to hot- spot for girly get-togethers, and one of my many guilty pleasures.

One of my girlfriends who visits often from California has grown to crave PJ and I'm sure she'll soon be making visits just to satisfy her food craving rather than to see me. Anyways, she is hosting a bridal shower for her sister this summer, and asked me to recreate one of the salads from Pita Jungle that we always order. The Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad --- doesn't the name say it all???

Well, I'm happy to say, the recipe has been recreated and it is A-MAZ-ING!!! Although not exactly the same as PJ, its pretty darn close and definitely a gourmet make at home delight!

Photobucket
(this photo only shows the spinach and pasta)

We mixed together a delicious Pesto blend that I found at Sam's club, with balsamic vinaigrette, lemon juice, whole wheat spiral pasta and feta cheese. When making for our guests we used tri-colored pasta and added veggies (tomatoes/mushrooms) for added color.

In all honesty - since creating this salad - I've made one pretty much every day for myself to enjoy. SERIOUSLY!!!

Now, if I could only recreate their Mango Lemonade....I'd be in business.

YUM.

1 comment:

  1. that looks very yummy! and the revamped blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete