Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Clarification and a new recipe

It was brought to my attention that my "How-To Tuesday" this week may not have been as "self explanatory" as I had assumed....so just to clear up any minor confusion (mom), here we go. (Thank you for your feedback though, it is much appreciated)


Photobucket
To write with regular paint, if you don't have puff paint handy, you can use the cap of a glue bottle and put it on any of your paint bottles. I've used it on these tall paint bottles, as well as the smaller ones. Worked like a charm!


Now on to Thankful Thursday. I am not for certain if I have already told you how very thankful I am for my crock pots or not, but I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM! Especially at this time in my life. I am currently blessed to be able to stay home with my almost two year old and 7 month old, as well as try to keep an orderly home and promote my book all at the same time. Even when I feel like I'm loosing my mind, having dinner in my crock pot always settles me. Knowing in just a few hours I will have a delicious meal just waiting for my family to enjoy -- Mind Settling :)

Last night I made a delicious Chicken and Dumpling Crock Pot Dinner. My family just loved it so much, and I am a sucker for dumplings. I would have taken a photo of it for everyone, but well, lets just say we didn't allow enough time to have a photo shoot, as we were all starving.

Here is the recipe though:

3 cans Cream of Celery Soup
2 cans filled with milk (fill your cream of celery soup can up)
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 bag egg noodles

Plus
Bisquick Dumpling Recipe (which requires milk)

Set your crock pot at high. Cut up chicken into cubes. Add chicken, plus additional ingredients (excluding dumpling recipe). Cook on high for 4 hours (or until chicken is done). Next, make dumpling recipe which requires only bisquick and milk. You will be adding the dumplings to our chicken soup in the crock pot. Follow directions on the side of the box. While dumplings are cooking, prepare your noodles. Enjoy Chicken and Dumplings over your noodles. Enjoy!

(FYI - I cannot wait for lunch so I can dive into some leftovers)

No comments:

Post a Comment