Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weekend Wrap: Green Chili Crock Pot Chicken

This week, like many of us I'm sure, I was running a bit short on time. Wrapping up all the Thanksgiving festivities, scheduling out all of our Christmas parties, shopping and more, Christmas Shopping, Christmas Cards,  and more; so finding time for a yummy delicious dinner was, well, I hate to say it, but on the back burner.

I had a can of Green Chili Enchilada sauce in my pantry so instantly I thought - Chicken in a Crock Pot! Yum! (and easy of course)



Photobucket

I added about a teaspoon of Cayenne pepper and some seasoning salt to the sauce and then placed 3 boneless skinless chicken breast in the Crock Pot. (you can put them in thawed or frozen, doesn't matter - just takes a bit longer on cooking time if they are frozen).

4 busy hours later - Green Chili Chicken! -   now that's my kind of meal! 



Photobucket

We wrapped them in tortillas with refried beans and shredded cheddar cheese for burritos!

What is so marvelous about this chicken is, after our burrito night, we are now enjoying it over nachos and also mixed with refried beans as a bean dip! So many delicious meals and snacks that took about 5 minutes of preparation and 4 hours of "I don't have to think about it" cooking hours!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment