Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How- To Tuesday: Make a yummy leftover ham sandwich

I know, I know -- I'm excited to start talking Christmas too, but technically, I've got so many Thanksgiving leftovers I can't even imagine starting to talk about Christmas yet.

Are you still munching on leftover potatoes or ham or turkey? There are so many creative things you can make with the leftovers. My husband remembers always enjoying shredded turkey sandwiches at his grandma's house, where she would mix cream of mushroom soup along with the shredded turkey and toss it in the crock pot. She may have added a few more ingredients, but that's all he remembers, creamy - turkey - goodness!

Well, my husband nearly had a heart attack when I made him breakfast with our leftovers. I know its pretty basic, but it's the little things that really gets him going :)

Photobucket

Butter two dinner rolls and place in your broiler oven for about 5-7 minutes until toasted

While bread is being toasted, fry two eggs until over medium. (just long enough for the egg to be cooked, but a little yolk to drizzle on the sandwich).

Slice leftover ham and fry in same pan as eggs until warmed.

When bread is toasted, smother with jam or now that I think about it, you could even use your leftover cranberry sauce too!

Stack sandwich with egg and ham.

Don't forget a napkin! And Enjoy.

What did you make with your leftovers?

No comments:

Post a Comment