Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekend Wrap: Recipe Time!

Here you thought I forgot about you this weekend....Nope! I surely didn't. (I gave this topic the title of "weekend" wrap for a reason! lol --- got me the whole weekend to post about it!)

I was in California this weekend for a dear friend of mine. Her mom passed away and we all gathered together for her funeral this past Friday.

While I was there, the kids and I stayed with my Aunt, who is a phenomenal baker. Phenomenal might even be an understatement. Anyways, any time I'm there we are always talking about recipes, what she has made, and what she plans to make.

This time she made sure to show me one of the recipes she had been saving, knowing that I would absolutely love to make it!

It looked so delicious I immediately wrote it down. It's pretty easy .... so perfect for the blog too!

Savory Party Bread

Photobucket

Doesn't it look delicious???

The recipe comes from Taste of Home and can be found here, but the version we had was slightly different. Here is the recipe that was clipped out of a magazine she had...

Ingredient
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 round loaf sourdough bread  1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, slice
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2-3 tsp poppyseeds

Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Arrange cheese slices in cuts. Combine butter, onion and poppyseeds. Drizzle butter mixture over bread.

Wrap loaf in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.

Enjoy!
EnParty Cheese Bread2 50  

No comments:

Post a Comment