Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Woo-Hoo Wednesday: Summer Fruit Plate

Labor day is right around the corner and I'm sure if you are planning to attend any pool parties or bbq's that weekend, you've already begun to think about what passing dish you will bring. (or is that just me?) I love fruit that is in-season over the summer and what better to bring than a fruit platter. Why not spice up the boring old bowl of mixed fruit, and please do not bring a store bought arrangement, but create a beautiful masterpiece by using the fruit itself as your dishes. I love using different melons and pineapple to serve a fruit medley to my guests.

Photobucket

As a quick note, on a few occasions I had difficulty cutting my pineapple, while still keeping the shell in-tact, so my solution to this is (1) purchase 2 pineapples, one for the shell and one for the fruit or (2) purchase a couple can's of cubed pineapple that you can mix with the pieces you were able to cut from the fresh pineapple. Just make sure to purchase the pineapple cubes in its natural fruit juice, and not in a syrup.

If you plan to make a fruit arrangement, take a picture and send it my way to: info(at)a-sugarnspice-life(dot)com or post on my facebook. I look forward to seeing your pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment