Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Woo-Hoo Wednesday: Summer Time Centerpieces

Photobucket

For my sister-in-laws bridal shower I was searching for a *picnic themed* centerpiece but through hours of skimming through Google images, nothing fit my fancy.  I knew I wanted to use watermelons, because to me that is a signature picnic fruit.

So after playing a while, I was so thrilled with the outcome of the centerpieces I designed.

First I took a small watermelon and sliced it in half. For my sample pieces I tied a ribbon around the melon and then inserted assorted flowers. What is great about using the watermelon, is that it's a natural vase, providing the flowers with water, so they did not wilt up while on the tables for the shower. I think they came out great and I cannot wait to use this same concept again for a future party.

No comments:

Post a Comment