Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Woo-Hoo Wednesday: Time for Tea

Before I had children, I always knew that someday I would have a little girl and would host the most beautiful tea parties for her and her friends. I envisioned little spring time hats, fluffy dresses, tea sandwiches, and little pinkies sticking high as everyone sipped their tea. Yes, I dreamed about things like this.

God blessed me with my beautiful little girl (and boy too--so we'll have to come up with something for him) and just so happened to place her birthday two days before Christmas. Perfect right? Perfect for a half birthday in June of course! And what better way to celebrate than with a TEA PARTY!

We have now celebrated two of my daughter's half birthday tea parties and have had so much fun doing so. The first year, she was only 6 months old and we found a little tea shop in our area. It was nice, but being that it was June in Arizona, a bit hot to walk around all the cute shops downtown.

This year, a few months before my daughters party, my grandma sent me this book...

Photobucket

I fell in love instantly and could not wait for June to come to start making some of the recipes.

Tracy Stern's, Tea Party, book is filled with so many tea party ideas and recipes; it is the perfect gift!

Although the day of my daughter's party I felt a little under the weather, (ok, a lot under the weather), everything came out wonderful! I purchased little spring time hats that we all decorated and now my daughter plays dress up with them all of the time! I am so anxious for next year's party...here are a few of our pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment